Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Loss of a friend and Mat Great! Ox Baker

"The Fabulous" Ox Baker known for his Heart Punch and loud vocals has passed away.
Many people are posting his matches but I wanted to put Ox in a different light.
We met in Chicago in the Mid 1980's. I was a EMT for Promoter Brad Davis and Promoter Sam Decero.
I brought him to my house to meet me father. Ox and him talked like old friends and he treated my dad with respect.
Sure, he was a 300lb tough guy, but he was so many other things.
He enjoyed cooking, and animal care.
He loved to be funny(In his own way) and even raise peoples temperitures at times!
We traveled throughout Chicago and Southern Illinois.
Although his health was failing, he kept making appearences.
Ox had the "Heart Punch", but he also had heart!
We had you for 80 years and I know I am thankful that we were friends and stayed in tough.
Thanks for being Ox Baker!

No comments:

Post a Comment